View more products by CASTELLANO ETHNIC ORIGINS
Wayuu Handmade 02 - Beach Bag
£145.00CASTELLANO ETHNIC ORIGINS: Tote Bag 02
Our Wayuu mochila bag is brought to life by Wayuu women in the La Guajira peninsula in northern Colombia. This bag takes up to 25 days to weave by hand with just a single strand of thread, making a very tight and strong weave. The pattern is a symbol of the Wayuu culture and a fine example of their ethnic lifestyle.
Social Impact :
- Support ethical clothing, handmade, eco clothing, fair trade clothing, wayuu craftsmanship and sustainable fashion.
- Empowering Wayuu women to develop their weaving skills.
- Through CASTELLANO’s products, the cultural heritage and internationally renowned weaving skills are being preserved
- Swing our handmade Wayuu bag over your shoulder and go travelling with a eco friendly and hippie-chic look!
- Features: The Mochila features a thick shoulder strap and an eye-catching tasselled drawstring to close. Please note that we support the finest crochet technique unique to the Wayuu people. The quality speaks for itself and it will last for years.
- Size Large: Due to the hand made nature of each design, size and shape will differ slightly. Measures approx 16"W x 14.5"H x 8.5". Handles measure approx 22" in length
- Shipping information: UK shipping: 2-3 working days, Europe shipping: 5-6 working days, Rest of the world: 6-12 working days